[Mondrian] RE: Eigenbase perforce change 9201 for review

Julian Hyde julianhyde at speakeasy.net
Thu May 3 20:35:39 EDT 2007

Thiyagu,

I'd like to know what the issues with java.util.concurrent & retroweaver
are. I ran into some issues with retroweaver, but I was able to work
around them.

I saw Tushar's
<http://lists.pentaho.org/pipermail/mondrian/2007-April/000401.html>
email last week, but I was at the MySQL conference so I was too busy to
respond.

Sometimes retroweaver requires explicit upcasts in order for things to
work. Or maybe you could roll your own implementation of some of the
concurrency primitives which work adequately but not optimally under
jdk1.4. Or, as I said earlier, there is a lot of mileage in the

Switching to a different back-porting package is a major change which
will soak up my time in packaging the release, writing release notes and
testing. I will not do it unless you can demonstrate significant
advantages to doing so, and you convince me that you have tried every
other workaround.

Julian

  _____