[Mondrian] [Fwd: Eigenbase perforce change 8900 for review]

Richard Emberson remberson at edgedynamics.com
Wed Mar 21 08:47:19 EDT 2007

Our main application developer created a calculated
measure that, basically, returned null if the
query was executed at the 'ALL' Customers level
but returned a value based upon the dataset for
Customer levels not at the 'ALL' level.
Well, this, of course, completely flies in the
face of the basic assumption of the original
crossjoin optimizer where, if there is no data
at the 'ALL' level, then there is no data below
that level and therefore no reason to include the
cell in the crossjoin.
With the checked in of the 'less optimistic' optimizer
this aberrant case, as an example, is also handled correctly.

Richard