[Mondrian] MySQL user conference

Julian Hyde julianhyde at speakeasy.net
Mon Mar 12 23:41:04 EDT 2007

I am giving a talk at the MySQL user conference, April 23-26, Santa
Clara, California. The talk is titled "Building Scalable OLAP
Applications with Mondrian and MySQL".

When I gave a talk "Building OLAP Applications with Mondrian and MySQL"
at the 2006 MySQL UC, it was my first chance to meet a lot of you in the
mondrian and pentaho communities. It was great to finally put faces to
email addresses. But it was frustrating that there wasn't enough time to
have in-depth discussions and answer everyone's questions.

So this year we thought we'd solve that by hosting a 'Birds of a
Feather' session in one of the evenings (details TBA). I want the
session to be really interactive. The format of session will be a series
of 'micro talks', each two or three slides about a particular mondrian
feature or common problem, and plenty of chance to interrupt and ask
questions. Tell us what you would like to see on the roadmap. Or, stand
up and tell us how you are using mondrian/kettle/pentaho in your
enterprise.

Matt Casters (Architect of Pentaho's Kettle ETL engine) will be joining
me, so we can talk about how to make mondrian, kettle and pentaho work
together.

So, join us at the MySQL conference. (Early bird registrations end in
two days, on Wednesday 14th, so it pays to book early!)