[Mondrian] mondrian vs access/postgres database

vudinh at enst.fr vudinh at enst.fr
Mon Mar 12 05:10:16 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm new in the business intelligence open source. So first, really sorry
for my dump questions.

I have already a cube in Access and Postgres (about 10Mb in total), the
cube is in ROLAP (star schema). I need to use anything to view, analysis
the cube (roll up/drill down for example) and maybe some reports. After
many day of research in pentaho website, I found that mondrian and jpivot
solutions can do that. Is that right or not? Can you explain me how it
really works. Then what softwares I will need to install, how to connect
them together? If you can give my a guide of that, that will be very nice.

Another dump question, can I use the PCI package? Is the PCI a full
package of that includes mondrian, jpivot, kettle, weka, etc?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards.

Hoang.