[Mondrian] Mondrian performance

Julian Hyde julianhyde at speakeasy.net
Tue Mar 6 11:57:08 EST 2007

  _____

From: mondrian-bounces at pentaho.org [mailto:mondrian-bounces at pentaho.org]
On Behalf Of Pranav.Matekar at zycus.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 8:27 AM
To: Mondrian developer mailing list
Subject: RE: [Mondrian] Mondrian performance

hi Julian

can u tell us,
 when can we get new version of mondrian with iterator-based evaluation
mechanism?
i want to test this types of queries on that version

I just released mondrian-2.3 RC1. You can download from SF.net.

can u suggest,
which types of analytical server (MOLAP,ROLAP,HOLAP) or which currently
available analytical server can provide me faster result for such( top
in top ) type of queries ?

Microstrategy is the leading ROLAP server; try that. Worth trying the
other leading commercial MOLAP/HOLAP servers too. I haven't run this
kind of query on any of them, so I have no idea how they will perform.