[Mondrian] Re: Mondrian in my Java Program

Julian Hyde julianhyde at speakeasy.net
Sat Mar 3 19:45:01 EST 2007

Here's the code it is executing:

    /**
     * Returns the enclosure class associated with clazz, or falls back
on
     * the fixed enclosure if none can be found.
     */
    private Class getEnclosureClass(Class clazz)
    {
        // Instead of using a fixed enclosure, derive it from the given
Class.
        // If we can't figure it out, just use the given enclosure
instead.
        Class thisEnclosure = enclosure;
        String className = clazz.getName();
        int dollarPos = className.indexOf('$');
        if (dollarPos >= 0) {
            String encName = className.substring(0, dollarPos);
            try {
                thisEnclosure = Class.forName(encName);
            } catch (ClassNotFoundException ex) {
                throw new AssertFailure("Enclosure class " + encName
                                 + " not found.");
            }
        }
        return thisEnclosure;
    }

Apparently the class loader can't do
Class.forName("mondrian.olap.MondrianDef"). This is strange considering
mondrian.olap.MondrianDef is on the call stack!

Seems that something is up with the class loader. What java version and
jvm are you using? What is your classpath? Are you using the default
class loader? Are you running in a container such as jboss or tomcat?

Julian

  _____