[Mondrian] #null member

Thiyagu Palanisamy tpalanis at thoughtworks.com
Tue Jun 26 11:02:18 EDT 2007

Thanks Julian, It works.

We are able to change null value to 'Missing' using NameExpression with
COALESCE, eg: COALESCE("promotion"."promotion_name",'Missing').

- Thiyagu

"Julian Hyde" <julianhyde at speakeasy.net>
Sent by: mondrian-bounces at pentaho.org
24/06/2007 00:58
Please respond to
Mondrian developer mailing list <mondrian at pentaho.org>

cc

Subject
RE: [Mondrian] #null member

I wonder if we can solve a more general problem: allow people to specify a
SQL expression for the name of a member. Right now, a member can have
different columns as the key and the name. If mondrian allowed SQL
expressions for the name, then you could write NVL(key_column, 'Missing')
as the name expression.

It's possible that this already works - give it a try.

Julian