[Mondrian] testItemNull() test failure

Thiyagu Palanisamy tpalanis at thoughtworks.com
Tue Jun 26 05:21:44 EDT 2007

Hi Julian,

 We tried to address the testItemNull() test failure. We investigated on
what is going wrong with dependency check for Filter([Store].Members, (0.0
= 0.0)).Item(0.0).Item(0.0). It finally reaches '0.0' to evaluate if a
dimension is depend on it. Since it is constant calc it returns that is it
not dependent on any dimension.

 Our test is to validate that we are not getting null pointer exception
any more. Since we are not that familiar with dependency checks we are
inclined to opt for a simple change in the test like "0 *
(Filter([Store].members, 0 = 0).Item(0).Item(0), Filter([Store].members, 0
= 0).Item(0).Item(0))" which will always pass the dependency check and
also ensures our null pointer fix is in place.

 Please let us know how should we take this forward.

Thanks,
Thiyagu & Shishir