[Mondrian] SqlTupleReader.readTuples generates huge IN listcausing java.sql.SQLException

Julian Hyde julianhyde at speakeasy.net
Thu Jun 21 16:27:22 EDT 2007

> However, even with our fix it still doesn't work.  I think
> this logic is
> using a different code path.
>
> We'll investigate.

That would be great.

> The question is why Mondrian has to do these two fetches?  Can't it be
> combined into one SQL?

In this case it could. But in general, it's simpler to use one statement
to fetch members of each level. This works better if the levels have
different member properties, or if the levels are in different tables.

Usually the query to retrieve members from higher levels is very fast,
and its results are cached, so there's not much point optimizing it
away.