[Mondrian] how to run concurrent MDX queries

Julian Hyde julianhyde at speakeasy.net
Wed Jun 20 13:48:24 EDT 2007

> I am working on developing test cases for mondrian caches. As
> a part of it, I would like to learn about ways to run MDX
> queries concurrently. So far I have seen a framework for
> doing that in these 2 files
>
> open/mondrian/testsrc/main/mondrian/test/ConcurrentValidatingQ
> ueryRunner.java
> open/mondrian/testsrc/main/mondrian/test/ConcurrentMdxTest.java

ConcurrentMdxTest says "This Class is not added to the Main test suite."
Thiyagu, can you tell me why it is not in the main suite?

> Do we have other ways to run queries concurrently?

There's also ParallelTest.

> Julian, I learned that in the past you have setup ant to run
> tests in parallel. Could you please point me to some
> writeup/docs about that?

I don't recall doing that. Ant would tend to create separate processes,
and the kind of errors we are looking for would only occur if there were
multiple threads in the same process.

There's the property mondrian.test.VUsers which sets the number of
threads. Search for VUsers in mondrian.test.Main.