[Mondrian] Lazy validation of Calculated Members

Julian Hyde julianhyde at speakeasy.net
Tue Jun 12 16:10:56 EDT 2007

Sounds like a feature which will cause more problems than it solves. I
think you should just live with it. We have enough properties already.

How many calc members do you have? It should be able to validate
hundreds per second. Consider tuning the validation process (there might
be an O(n^2) perf bug somewhere).

If the server startup is only a problem during development, use a
smaller schema file with fewer members during development.

Julian

  _____