[Mondrian] Mondrian Build Failed

Thiyagu Palanisamy tpalanis at thoughtworks.com
Mon Jun 11 11:32:04 EDT 2007

Julian,

>>The problem was with RolapConnectionTest, which was triggering a bug in
sun's jdbc-odbc bridge. I knew about the bug, and thought I had a
workaround, but it turned out that I needed to do more cleanup to
de-confuse the bridge. Moving DialectTest around meant that
RolapConnectionTest was not the first test to ask for a JDBC connection,
and somehow triggered this bug. Fixed in change 9329.
Still the same issue exists with our Access environment, I couldn't trace
down to the root cause. Could you please provide more details about the
jdbc-odbc bug. I can send you the driver manager logs if you need them.

To keep the build green, moved Dialect test back to run after
RolapConnectionTest.  Sorry to revert back your test order change.

- Thiyagu

"Julian Hyde" <julianhyde at speakeasy.net>
Sent by: mondrian-bounces at pentaho.org
26/05/2007 00:50
Please respond to
Mondrian developer mailing list <mondrian at pentaho.org>

"'Thiyagu P'" <thiyagu at gmail.com>
cc
mondrian at pentaho.org
Subject
RE: [Mondrian] Mondrian Build Failed

 There was a communication issue in publishing the latest build log to the
hydromatic.net server, because of which you were seeing stale results.
 With your latest check-in we got green build.
Good.

 But still an issue concerns me, to get ResultComparatorTest passing we
have moved DialectTest to run after RolapConnectionTest, with latest
modifications I tried moving it back to run DialectTest before
RolapConnectionTest, still it fails. We tried in different Access
environments.

The problem was with RolapConnectionTest, which was triggering a bug in
sun's jdbc-odbc bridge. I knew about the bug, and thought I had a
workaround, but it turned out that I needed to do more cleanup to
de-confuse the bridge. Moving DialectTest around meant that
RolapConnectionTest was not the first test to ask for a JDBC connection,
and somehow triggered this bug. Fixed in change 9329.

Mondrian mailing list
Mondrian at pentaho.org