[Mondrian] Integrating with any other database

Raja Nagendra Kumar Nagendra.Raja at tejasoft.com
Mon Jun 11 06:04:10 EDT 2007

Hi Julian,

Thank you for the code pointers.

Julian I don't understand Hibernate and JDO as some thing you mentioned as
object-at-a-time patterns (any pointers to this pattern would be of great
help.. google has nothing to say on this) .. However, I would see them a OO
way to managing the persistence and data retrieval. This would enable
programmer to deal with objects at every layer of his business needs.

Currently these layers would manage conversion 'from and to' when they are
talking to RDBM system due to the basic structural differences (relation
tables version Objects). However, in future if they were to integrate with
pure Object oriented database then, I presume that the conversion is not
necessary/or minor efforts and this should speed up the performance as
opposed to killing the performance. Pl. let me know what I am missing here.
My thoughts on this are coming from we trying to integrate the Mondrian with
Cache which is a Object Database and claims to run SQL's x times faster
http://www.intersystems.com/cache/.

Regards,
Nagendra