[Mondrian] Integrating with any other database

Julian Hyde julianhyde at speakeasy.net
Sat Jun 9 12:53:45 EDT 2007

Nagendra,

> Are there any plans for Mondiran to use Hiberate or any other
> persistant
> layer to achive the database inpendence in future.. Not sure
> if this may
> have perf penality..

There are no plans to use Hibernate or any JDO provider. Converting data
into java objects would kill performance. OLAP access patterns are very
different from the object-at-a-time patterns supported by Hibernate/JDO.
We generate SQL to allow the DBMS to do the hard work.

> curious to know the road map.

If you're curious, the road map is online. If you're really curious,
download the code and read it. You'll see that we have an isolation
layer, centered around the SqlQuery.Dialect class.