[Mondrian] Integrating with any other database

Raja Nagendra Kumar Nagendra.Raja at tejasoft.com
Fri Jun 8 23:36:58 EDT 2007

Hi Will,

Thank you for the URL's.

Pl. let me know if my understanding is correct for the below stament.

'Mondrian can generally figure out the capabilities of the database from the
JDBC driver, and generate SQL accordingly.'

All these done by mondrian by JDBC driver api which could tell more about
sql support etc..

Are there any plans for Mondiran to use Hiberate or any other persistant
layer to achive the database inpendence in future.. Not sure if this may
have perf penality.. curious to know the road map.

Also, what if we would like to integrate to JDO complient database, where
perf could be faster due to native java objects doing the work. Has any one
done such integration in the past. if yes, I would appriciate any good
references on such work.

Regards,
Nagendra