[Mondrian] Non Empty result

Thiyagu Palanisamy tpalanis at thoughtworks.com
Fri Jul 6 08:18:37 EDT 2007

Hi Julian,

 Cognos is firing MDX with calculated member with constant value in the
query, because of which non empty filter is not working.

WITH MEMBER [Measures].[COG_OQP_INT_t2] AS '1'
SELECT {[Measures].[COG_OQP_INT_t1], [Measures].[Customer Count]} ON
AXIS(0) FROM [Sales]

If this change will be useful for other users also then we can extend the
behaviour of NonEmptyResult class to handle this special condition. And
treat calculated members with constant values as empty cell value if all
other members are empty. This would be an optional functionality.

If this requirement is very specific then we need to keep this as a
special patch for Cognos only.

What is your opinion?

Thanks,
Thiyagu