[Mondrian] Re: VirtualCubeTest.testCalculatedMemberAcrossCubes failing on SMP

John V. Sichi jsichi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 14:10:24 EST 2007

Something interesting:  I noticed that HotSpot was automatically
selecting Server mode on the SMP machine (whereas on my laptop it
autoselects Client mode).  I changed build.xml to force usage of Client
mode, and then "ant test" ran through with no failures.

Haven't tried forcing Server mode on laptop yet; if it's timing-related,
it may just be that it takes the combination of a very fast machine plus
Server mode to hit it.

Also, Bart, if you want to send me code modifications to enable tracing
targeted at debugging the problem, please do, and I'll run it through on
the SMP machine and send you the output.

JVS