[Mondrian] Re: VirtualCubeTest.testCalculatedMemberAcrossCubes failing on SMP

John V. Sichi jsichi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 05:05:06 EST 2007

Pappyn Bart wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I have been busy together with Julian trying to simulate this problem.

OK.  I looked through the code changes but couldn't spot anything obvious.

While I was reviewing, I did notice one unrelated thing.  In your
original code, you were using Thread.getId(), and -1 as an invalid
thread ID.  Then you had to change it to System.identityHashCode(thread)
for 1.4-compatibility.  However, I don't think there's any guarantee
that identityHashCode can't return -1 (even though it's unlikely given
that most JVM's implement it as a pointer address), so is the following
test in RolapStar.clearCachedAggregations still correct?

     if (aggregationKey.getThreadId() == threadId) {
         it.remove();
     }

JVS