[Mondrian] MEMBER_ORDINAL: fubar when combined with native filtering?

John V. Sichi jsichi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 15:26:39 EST 2007

John V. Sichi wrote:
> I downloaded the latest Derby (10.2.2.0) and the complaints are gone.
> Assuming it passes all tests, is it OK to upgrade the checked-in version
> (10.1)?  Browsing the release notes for the last few revs, it looks like
> they've added enhancements for GROUP BY expression and some ORDER BY
> fixes.  (The GROUP BY expression enhancement should allow FoodMart.xml
> to be changed to use an expression for Name, but that can wait.)

Update on this:  the new Derby passes tests, with the following impact:

1) It appears to be a little bit more memory-hungry, so it runs out of
memory for some tests unless I add -Xmx128m to junit.jvmargs; I can do
that permanently, which should also allow tests to run with Richard's
memory limit changes enabled.

2) The nagging problem with
VirtualCubeTest.testCalculatedMeasureAcrossCubes now shows up for every
full run, even on my laptop.  Julian, I think you said you know what's
going on with this--that it incorrectly computes the number of passes
required in terms of the base cubes instead of the virtual cube, so the
calculated measure will come out null if the cache wasn't primed?

JVS