[Mondrian] Re: Eigenbase perforce change 8725 for review

Richard Emberson remberson at edgedynamics.com
Thu Feb 15 17:19:42 EST 2007

As a reference please see my recent email concerning
the use of factories in Mondrian.

There are currently two factory instances in Mondrian
both based upon the ObjectFactory. The ObjectFactory
looks in a user supplied Properties object or
System properties to get determine if there is
a property that overrides its default behavior.
The name of the property is the class name that the
factory is supplying an implementation for.

MondrianProperties loads the properties from
mondrian.properties into its property variables as well as
finds all properties in System properties and put them
into the MondrianProperties Property object.

Rather than have the ObjectFactory reference
System properties, should it reference the
MondrianProperties object?

So, if we decide to continue and/or expand the use
of factories, then each factory will have a
property in MondrianProperties?

Richard