[Mondrian] Re: Eigenbase perforce change 8725 for review

Julian Hyde julianhyde at speakeasy.net
Thu Feb 15 03:32:16 EST 2007

> Julian, would you consider changing the way this file is
> managed so that
> the DoNotCheckIn approach isn't required?  One solution that
> is known to
> work well is to support a site-local.properties which
> overrides whatever
> is in the checked-in mondrian.properties.  Developers would then edit
> site-local.properties for their own settings, and only edit
> mondrian.properties when they really want to commit changes.
> There are
> other approaches too.  They all add a bit of complexity over
> the current
> approach, but removing the human-error-proneness might be worth it.

I think the existing configuration management is too complex. I'd rather not
make it worse.

I've considered generating mondrian.properties from MondrianProperties using
reflection but... You've heard it before... I don't have the time.

So let's keep the status quo. I'll make a note to sanity check
mondrian.properties before each release.