[Mondrian] VBA functions / IIF

Matt Campbell mkambol at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 11:25:37 EST 2007

The client tool we're using (Cognos) issues some vba functions in its MDX
occasionally:  INSTR, MID, LEN, etc.  We've been considering how best to
deal with it.  We could just create some UDFs that mimic what the vba
function does, but we could also create them as builtin Mondrian functions.
Does anyone have an opinion?

We also plan on overriding IIF to support some additional parameter types.
iif(exp,value, str), iif(exp,str, value), iif(exp,value, value).  All of
these permutations are supported by AS2K.