[Mondrian] GWT based front end for Mondrian

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.org
Wed Dec 26 14:39:17 EST 2007

Nikolay,

> We had developed and released to Open Source GWT-based front end for
> Mondrian-based data warehouses.
> You can find it at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/olap-navigator

Congratulations on the release. It's always good to hear of another viewer
out there, and I wish you and your project all the best. I'm looking forward
to downloading it and checking it out. Can you post one or two screenshots
at SF.net?

> It would be interesting to set up some kind of collaboration
> model as we
> had accumulated patches in our trees that fix some of the
> Mondrian bugs
> and performance issues.
> What is the process? We wrote a request for partnership a few months
> ago, but got no response from you guys.

Sorry I didn't reply to your message earlier in the year. (Sometimes I'm
snowed under, and you have to nag me if you want to get anything done.)

I am always open to setting up a collaboration. I usually make the first one
or changes manually, and can give you committer access to perforce after a
few successful contributions.

Send me the changes you've made, and I'll incorporate them. Full files are
easier than diffs. It's easier for me if they're based on the head revision
of mondrian (from perforce) but if not, I need to know the exact date or
perforce change number they are based on.

Describe in an email each of the changes have made. If you have made
extensions or bug-fixes, I will need a regression test to cover them.

Lastly, make sure that the changes adhere to the coding guidelines.
(http://mondrian.pentaho.org/documentation/developers_guide.php )

Julian