[Mondrian] Rename MondrianDef.Relation to RelationOrJoin and add MondrianDef.Relation

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.org
Mon Dec 17 01:44:51 EST 2007

I noticed a lot of code which needs to treat the <Table>, <View> and
<InlineTable> elements in the schema file in the same way. These previously
shared a base class 'Relation' with <Join>.

We still want some commonality with <Join>, but not as much as the other 3.
So, I reorganized the type hierarchy of the inner classes in generated
MondrianDef.java from

       Relation
     /   /   \  \
 Join Table View InlineTable

    RelationOrJoin
       /      \
     Join    Relation
            /   |   \
         Table View InlineTable

I did this by renaming Relation to RelationOrJoin, then in as many places as
possible converting them back to Relation. The goal was to change as few
files as possible - which means we've converted much code as possible to the
new, more specific Relation.

Oh, and by the way, I fixed the issue in this thread "Inline Table",
http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?p=176680#post176680. That was kind
of the motivation for all of this anyway.

Will,

I'm guessing you're working in this area. Do you have a lot of code to check
in? It may be difficult to merge. I'd be happy to hold off until you check
in.