[Mondrian] RE: Conversion from Member[] to List<Member>

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.org
Fri Dec 7 13:39:12 EST 2007

No I didn't get this.  Maybe luis.canals at stratebi.com is not a member of the
mondrian at pentaho.org list - it rejects posts from non-members.

The full text of the files is enough for me to work with, if you also tell
me the date/change number that the files are based on. For the next big
change, we will give one of you access to perforce, so you can do your own
merging. :)

I notice that you changed evaluateTuple() to return List<Member> rather than
Member[]. I don't want to change that API. The array is always small
(usually 1 or 2 members), doesn't need to be dynamically extended, and space
is a premium.

A few methods are written on a single line, e.g.

   public String toString() { return "AbstractStringCalc type object"; }

please make these multiple lines and adhere to the 80 char line limit.

   public String toString() {
       return "AbstractStringCalc type object";
   }

Also, please create a concise list of the API changes you have made, in
particular changes to the public API (or APIs which some people may have
built code on). We will need to document these changes in the release notes.

The changes look OK - but I will do a more thorough review when you tell me
the base change number.

Julian