[Mondrian] Problems when updating mondrian

miguel mvillagomez at sayab.com.mx
Tue Aug 7 14:25:46 EDT 2007

What so.

I have mondrian 2,2 working with several cubes to my data base
PostgreSQL.
Now that I want to update it with mondrian 2,4, profit to pass
everything of correct form, with the only exception of which so it seems
this new version
does not allow me to have two or more dimensions bound to the same table
in the data base.
This scheme works well in mondrian 2.2:

 <Dimension name="Have Product 1"
caption="%{CubeA_Products.dimension.7}">
  <Hierarchy hasAll="true" allMemberName="All Products 1"
primaryKey="id_question">
   <Table name="questions"/>
   <Level name="P1" column="id_question" nameColumn="answer"
ordinalColumn="answer" type="String" hideMemberIf="IfBlankName"
uniqueMembers="true"/>
  </Hierarchy>
 </Dimension>

 <Dimension name="Have Product 2A"
caption="%{CubeA_Products.dimension.8}">
  <Hierarchy hasAll="true" allMemberName="All Products 2A"
primaryKey="id_question">
   <Table name="questions"/>
   <Level name="P2A" column="id_question" nameColumn="answer"
ordinalColumn="answer" type="String" hideMemberIf="IfBlankName"
uniqueMembers="true"/>
  </Hierarchy>
 </Dimension>

This is the table in postgres:

cCubeA_Products=# SELECT * FROM questions;
 id_questions | answer
--------------+----------
 313          | ----
 314          | YES
 315          | NO
(3 rows)

My problem is that in the new version (2,4 mondrian), this is not
accepted and it leaves the error to me:

 javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
 javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException:
mondrian.olap.MondrianException:
 Mondrian Error:Duplicate table alias 'preguntas' in cube
'CubeA_Products'

I do not want to use tables in-line, due to these reasons:

 - I do not want to slow down the cube
 - I have at least other 15 cubes in the same situation
 - I have to Kettle (ETTL), formed for the obtaining of each one of the
bases of these cubes
 - To avoid the time that would take me to modify each cube in they
mondrian and each process in Kettle, being one more a “elegant”
solution.

They can help me?

NOTE. - I put as much this in the forum as in the list of post office so
that announcement was in this last one where the liberation.