[Mondrian] catching Error and ignoring

Julian Hyde julianhyde at speakeasy.net
Mon Apr 23 17:17:18 EDT 2007

I agree. I would re-throw any Errors. Leave the Util.discard - it is a
good practice if you are going to throw away an exception.

Hence:

                 } catch (ResultLimitExceededException e) {
                     // Do NOT ignore a ResultLimitExceededException!!!
                     throw e;
                 } catch (MondrianEvaluationException e) {
                     // ignore
                 } catch (Error e) {
                     // Errors indicate fatal JVM problems; do not
discard
                     throw e;
                 } catch (Throwable e) {
                     // Discard non-fatal exceptions.