[Mondrian] Default measure not configurable in Schema.xml.

Shishir Das sdas at thoughtworks.com
Thu Apr 12 08:27:34 EDT 2007

Hi,

We need a functionality by which we can specify a calculated member as a
default measure.
Currently, Mondrian considers the first measure defined in a cube as the
default measure, hence a calculated member cannot be default measure.

Is there an existing way(which we overlooked) to achieve this? Please let
us know.

We could think of a solution where:

we have a property added to the cube element in Schema.xml to specify the
default measure so that all queries use that measure
as default measure. It will be an optional property. If user does not
explicity specify it, the behaviour will be the same as it is now. Do you
foresee any issues if we add this property?

Regards,
Shishir