[Mondrian] how to get a fresh connection to the olap server

Julian Hyde julianhyde at speakeasy.net
Thu Apr 12 01:59:05 EDT 2007

The 'fresh' parameter is obsolete. I'll remove it.

John tells me that you are adding support for creating testcases which
have variations on the foodmart schema, and I suspect that this question
is related to that. You should investigate the TestContext.create and
TestContext.createSubstitutingCube methods, which do exactly that.

These methods create a schema string on the fly, so you'll end up with a
connection which shares another connection's catalog only in the
extremely unlikely event that another connection asked for exactly the
same catalog.

I'll add a new connect string parameter 'UseSchemaPool' for future use,
but I don't think you need it.

Julian