[Mondrian] building client data browser using mono/.net

Julian Hyde julianhyde at speakeasy.net
Thu Apr 5 01:40:25 EDT 2007

Brad,

I heard that there were problems attaching to mondrian using adomd.net,
but that thinks have improved with recent versions of adomd.net. I
suggest that you write some sample code using adomd.net against mondrian
to kick the tires, and I think you'll find that it's perfectly viable.

You'll be much more productive using adomd.net rather than building the
whole stack on top of XMLA.

As to mono's implementation of adomd.net... That's another question. I
suspect it's not the most used part of mono. :)

If you start this project as part of your PhD thesis, I strongly
encourage you to register an open source project and 'release early,
release often'.

And if you encounter bugs in mondrian, please log them. Give us a
testcase against foodmart and the request/response from MSAS, and we'll
endeavour to make mondrian return the same result.

Julian