[Mondrian] XMLA Security

Pedro Casals pcasalsfradera at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 07:03:55 EDT 2007

Thanks to your hint I realized that code changes were small. Since I have no access to CVS, I post here the changed classes. All changes are marked with this comment: //PCF : role
Besides, I attach a default callback implementation and the needed modification in web.xml.
I also attach the security role definition, that covers most of the situations:
- Grant only some measures
- Deny a hole dimension.
- Deny part of an hierarchy, both in levels and members

Pending:
JPivot is not placing the role in the HTTP header. I will ask to Andreas which is his preferred approach, and my proposed solution.

Known bug at this moment:
- Security role definition is order dependant, more than specified in doc. For example: in my role definition, if the definition of [Estructura Comercial] is placed before Dimension definition, the latter is not taken into account!
- look at XMLA Security bug.xls attached file. If a member of a level of an hierarchy is denied, the member is computed for the totals of the ancestors (wich is wrong), but is not computed on its own level (wich is correct).

Pedro