[Mondrian] Util.lookupCompound MatchType BEFORE

Richard Emberson remberson at edgedynamics.com
Mon Mar 5 11:56:06 EST 2007

This is a question concerning what happens when the
match type is MatchType.BEFORE.
In the method Util.lookupCompound(), there is a comment:

   // if we're doing a non-exact match, and we find a non-exact
   // match, then for an after match, return the first child
   // of each subsequent level; for a before match, return the
   // last child

I understand why the match type AFTER returns the next child,
childrenList.get(0);
, but why for match type BEFORE is the last child in the same
list returned,
childrenList.get(children.length - 1);

Why is it not the last child in the bestChild's previous
sibling returned?

Richard

--
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes:
may contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use,